anacoqui

Immersed in Books

LIBRARIAN, BOOK PUSHER AND ADDICT, IN THIS CORNER I WILL ADD MY BOOK REVIEWS. I READ MOSTLY ROMANCE, YA AND FANTASY, AND I LISTEN TO NON-FICTION AND ESSAYS - See more at: http://winterfell.blogs.com/immersedreader/

Driving Her Wild
Meg Maguire
Her Favorite Rival (Harlequin Superromance)
Sarah Mayberry
Holiday Kisses: A Holiday Romance Collection
Jaci Burton, Shannon Stacey, HelenKay Dimon, Alison Kent, Angela James
Knowing the Score
Kat Latham
After the Kiss: The Stiletto Series - Lauren Layne Julie Greene is a at the top of her profession, a leading columnist for Stiletto Magazine (a best-selling glossy women's magazine based in NYC). She writes about dating, specifically first dates. She leaves the relationship and sex advice to her best-friends and colleagues Grace and Riley, the other two parts of Stiletto's writing Triumvirate. She lives for the fun of falling into love, the flirting and the kissing, happily sharing her experiences in her columns, until her editor ask her to write a column about "taking a relationship to the next level". Unable to draw on her personal experience and unwilling to hand over her column to work rival she decides to engage in some research.

Mitchell Forbes is hard-working Wall Streeter, who has just ended a long stable relationship with a woman he once thought would be the perfect wife after realizing that while it looked good on paper he didn't love her as he should. Teased by his co-worker for his inability to even contemplate a post-breakup fling, he surprises himself into agreeing to bet challenging him to date a woman at least 5 times but not get serious.

Julie and Mitchell meet at cross-purposes both hesitantly and awkwardly trying something new. Can Mitchell just date a woman for the fun of it, and can Julie let her defenses down long enough to stick around?

[b:After the Kiss|17568644|After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)|Lauren Layne|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1368569066s/17568644.jpg|24350208]is being marketed to fan of "Sex and the City", those who are looking for light, witty and breezy romance. I never watched more than a handful of episodes, but I can see the connection, the leads are urban professionals girlfriends taking NYC by storm. I think the book will really appeal to fans of [a:Julie James|1647762|Julie James|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1267631748p2/1647762.jpg]. I will be back to read the rest of the series.